Teaching Hindi to my kid…
My younger son is inexplicably very interested in learning Hindi of late- as in be able to have a full on conversation in Hindi! He even volunteered and sang a Hindi song in his school- to a grand audience of some 30 kids and a good handful of teachers. My Brazilian nanny was so proud!
So since this may be a short lived window, here’s my game plan to make full use of this opportunity:
1. Introduce a few, new Hindi words everyday.
2. Speak with him in Hindi as much as possible, but not overwhelm him.
3. Have him watch a couple of fun Hindi movies.
4. Call upon Laddoo the Elephant! The dvd that is….
5. If he continues his interest, then sign him up in one of the many Hindi classes in the area.
More suggestions welcome!